5. Conformance to the W3C recommended guidelines.
This section defines three levels of conformance to this document:
* Conformance Level “A”: all Priority 1 checkpoints are satisfied;
* Conformance Level “Double-A”: all Priority 1 and 2 checkpoints are satisfied;
* Conformance Level “Triple-A”: all Priority 1, 2, and 3 checkpoints are satisfied;
Note. Conformance levels are spelled out in text so they may be understood when rendered to speech.
Claims of conformance to the full set of Guidelines
must use one of the following two forms.
Form 1: Specify:
* The guidelines title: “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0”
* The guidelines URI: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505
* The conformance level satisfied: “A”, “Double-A”, or “Triple-A”.
* The scope covered by the claim (e.g., page, site, or defined portion of a site.).
Example of Form 1:
This page conforms to W3C’s “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0”, available at http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505, level Double-A.
Form 2: Include, on each page claiming conformance, one of three icons provided by W3C and link the icon to the appropriate W3C explanation of the claim. Information about the icons and how to insert them in pages is available at [WCAG-ICONS].